Planning a trip to Amsterdam? This are the best things to do
Are there a million things to do in Amsterdam? Yes, but here is a list of things to do in Amsterdam that you should not miss out on. Make every hour in this beautiful city count. Here is a list when you are out and about in Amsterdam.
- Go shopping in the Nine Streets area, or as the Dutch call it “Negen straatjes”. This cozy neighborhood is home to a lot of designer boutiques, art galleries, food hotspots, concept stores and many other cool places. If you like vintage clothes, you are at the right address here. If you don’t like shopping, you can still wander around in this area and enjoy the beautiful views of the canals and bridges.
- Go to the Nemo Science Museum in Amsterdam. This museum is hard to miss; it is a huge green building in the shape of a ship. You will do your kids a huge pleasure by visiting this museum. The museum has an exhibition and five floors full of science.
- Visit Amsterdam’s famous zoo: Artis Royal Zoo. This zoo is located in the middle of the city and it is one of Holland’s oldest Zoo. Artis features an aquarium, a zoological museum and a planetarium. It is home to roughly 700 different animals. You can book your tickets online.
- Do you like beer? Take an exciting, behind the scenes tour at the Heineken brewery. The interactive museum offers four flours of exhibitions, a tasting bar and a 4D adventure where you see what it is like to be a Heineken bottle. This attraction is among Amsterdam its most visited things to do.
- There are many different ways you can go sightseeing in Amsterdam. You can explore the city by bike, foot or boat. Take a canal cruise and sit back and relax while a tour guide tells you a lot of facts about the city. Or hop on a bike and experience the city like a true local. The canal cruise is among the top 10 attractions in Amsterdam and really worth the money.
- In 2015 the Foodhallen opened its doors in Amsterdam to visitors. This place offers over 20 food stalls and they serve from dim sum to burgers. Each stall sells different street food and therefore there is a very international vibe going on in the Foodhallen in Amsterdam. During the weekend it might be more crowded.
- Do you want to have the best sights in Amsterdam? Go to the A’DAM Lookout observation deck. Here you will find Europe’s highest swing and a panoramic view of Amsterdam. You can enjoy the best sights in Amsterdam and see the Dutch polder landscape, the historical centre and spot the canals.
- Are you 18 years or older? In that case, you can visit the Holland Casino Amsterdam if you bring a valid passport. It is located close to the famous Leidseplein. The doors open daily from 12:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
- If you are visiting Amsterdam during winter, you can experience the Amsterdam light festival. This is an annual festival where art work of artists illuminate the canals of Amsterdam. Amsterdam light festival is an outdoor exhibition and you can enjoy it by water or land.
- Do you want to party until the break of dawn? Visit the Amsterdam Music Festival and dance to electronic dance music. This festival has an excellent lineup every year with DJ’s like Hardwell and Armin van Buuren.