Which tourist attractions in Amsterdam city centre should you check off your list?
You could fill weeks if you want to check off all the tourist attractions in Amsterdam city centre. What is worth seeing when you visit Amsterdam? The city offers lots of things to entertain tourists of all ages. Below you can check the top 10 tourist attractions in Amsterdam to get inspired for your trip.
- Take a canal cruise, one of Amsterdam its well-known city tours. Float through the canal belt and learn lots of fascinating facts along the way.
- Visit Anne Frank House and see where she and her family hid from the Nazis during World War II. The tourism in Amsterdam loves this place so make sure you come early.
- Go to the Van Gogh museum and face his original paintings.
- Many city tours in Amsterdam take you to the I Amsterdam letters. Find out where the travelling letters are and have your photo taken on these letters.
- On a sunny day you must visit Vondelpark. Many Amsterdam tours will show you this park if it is a sunny day. This is the park that the locals go to when the weather is nice. It is the largest park in Amsterdam.
- Rent a bike and explore the city. There are 800.000 bicycles in this city. This is the number one attraction in the top 10 tourist attractions in Amsterdam.
- Go to the Keukenhof, the world its largest flower garden. The fields are breathtaking as there grow more than seven million different bulbs. Make sure you see the tulip displays.
- Go shopping in the Nine Streets district. Many tours in Amsterdam, also private tours, will show you this neighborhood as it is packed with boutiques, vintage shops and cozy restaurants and cafés.
- Visit Brouwerij ‘t Ij, it is a microbrewery for beer under a windmill. Windmills are very common in the Netherlands and you must see one during on of the city tours in Amterdam.
- Don’t leave Amsterdam before visiting the Westergasfabriek. Here you can immerse yourself in delicious food, drinks and Dutch culture. The Westergasfabriek is situated in a former industrial building. It’s one of the best tourist attractions in Amsterdam city centre.
The best Amsterdam sightseeing tours
Whether you are in Amsterdam for one or three days, the city offers plenty things to keep you busy. You can book various guided city tours in Amsterdam. You can find Amsterdam tour reviews of these city tours. Amsterdam offers these guided tours and sightseeing tours for tourism.
- One of Amsterdam its most booked tours is the bike tour. In 3 hours you will see many districts of Amsterdam and you will learn a lot about the city.
- You can also explore the city by foot. The city walking tour is also one of the most booked Amsterdam city tours. You will pass an efficient route and meanwhile you will get to know more about the city.
- Not by foot or by bike, but you can also see the city from another angle. From a helicopter! You can see the canal structure and the landscape from above.
- Are you interested in the Red Light District? The tourism in Amsterdam hits this district often. Here you can see the prostitutes behind red lighted windows. It is not allowed to take photos of the prostitutes.
- The Hop-on Hop-off bus brings you to nine centrally located stops in the whole city. This trip is worth the money and has positive tour reviews by Amsterdam visitors.
- Do you want to explore the influence of the Jewish population? The tour takes you to a Jewish museum, synagogues, restaurants and the famous Anne Frank House.