When you want to come to Amsterdam, there are likely a great many things that you wish to do and see. It’s a city that is absolutely loaded with the opportunity to discover new things, and to ensure that you can always have fun. From marijuana to museums, this is a city that is known for having an openly liberal mindset and outlook on the wider world – even when it comes to sex.
That’s why we recommend that if you want to come to Amsterdam, you take a trip to the Red Light District Amsterdam. People often see this as one of the finest examples of how Amsterdam is happy to have a more modern, open outlook on things like this. Few parts of the world are often so open-minded to simply having a good time and spending time with someone who you wish to be with.
Life is all about choice, after all, and the Red Light District has offered ample choice for a long, long time. It’s something that we think is very important to make sure that you can fully experience everything that makes this such a special city. If you are looking to make sure that you get to experience Amsterdam in its entirety, then, we recommend that you look to the information below.
It will make sure that you can see the Red Light District Amsterdam in full and ensure that you are not going to walk in and find yourself being mistaken or uncertain. Let us help you fully understand what this unique part of the city feels like. Then, you can arrive without any uncertainty!
The cost of having a good time in the Red Light District
So, as you might imagine, you will have to dig into your pocket if you wish to find a companion for the evening when you come to the Red Light District Amsterdam. We think it’s’ important that that you know roughly how much you should be expected to pay when you are hiring an escort or prostitute for the evening.
At the time of writing, we would estimate that the starting price is around €50 for 20-minutes with one of the various window brothels in the RLD. While prices can change and could be lower or higher than this, try and remember what you are buying. Many people arrive in the Red light district Amsterdam and make insultingly low offers to the people waiting to be hired.
Think about how you would feel if someone offered you a fraction of what you believe is a good price for your time. You are paying for their time, their emotions, and their bodies; you should not think of that as something that you can haggle over or be cheap about.
Obviously, you will need to pay more if you feel like you will need more time. You will also have to think about where you are hiring from; it should go without staying that the classier the establishment, the higher the traditional cost.
Just remember that the average starting price of around €50 for 20 minutes is the average. It could be higher and, if you are a good negotiator, you could perhaps lower the price. Start too low, though, and you will simply insult the people you are talking to. Try to remember that they are professionals and their skill is their body: so, please, respect that commodity.
Also, please be aware that all prostitutes expect you to wear a condom when you take part.
Red Light District Tours
So, one thing to remember is that the Red Light District also provides you with tour options. As a big part of the culture of the city, you can enjoy trips around this part of the city with relative ease. You can find a local guide who can take you on a tour of the local area and will show you the best places to go to. These tour guides are used to answering ‘interesting’ questions, so don’t be afraid to ask them more or less anything that you can think of!
You will also get to enjoy some interesting tours that will ensure that you get a lot of information about the local area. If you want to know more about the region as much as anything else, then you will find a lot of cool tour options open to you with prices usually starting at around €17.50 – though it could be higher.
Overall, the aim is that you should be able to walk around the Red Light District and get a tour that helps you to learn about the red light district Amsterdam properly. With so many tour types to consider, information is easy to find as an attraction!
What are the laws of the Red Light District?
Given the importance of the RLD to Amsterdam, there is a strict level of ruling that you are expected to follow along with if you choose to come here. If you think that you might break some of these local laws – some written, some unwritten – then we recommend that you consider the following rules.
- ID is required. Anyone aged 14 and above in the Netherlands must have some form of valid ID on them. Anyone over the age of 16 who cannot produce a valid ID, or cannot comply with identity obligations, can face a fine of around €60. Any police officers, public transport ticket inspectors, or specialized law enforcement like labor inspectors can ask for ID. If you are asked for ID in the RLD, you’ll likely have to produce it to a police officer.
- No public drinking. In the Red Light District, you are not permitted to walk around drinking alcohol in public. You could get a fine of around €95 if you are caught, and the police aren’t really too keen on ignoring. Alcohol in public spaces, such as in the street or in the park, is not allowed. The Red Light District Amsterdam often has red circular signs with a bottle of alcohol shown; this is proof that you cannot drink in that part of the city in public.
- No public smoking. As you might expect, these laws and regulations are similar for anyone choosing to smoke cannabis outside. While it’s often allowed in other parts of the city, there could be times where you could get into trouble for this. It’s one of the more unwritten laws, but if you are going to smoke outside then make sure you do so in a quiet place without making a scene.
- Street vendors are illegal. It’s also not allowed for sex workers to promote their work when they stand on the street of the Red Light District. While they cannot offer you the service, some will try; if you accept, you could be fined up to €115. So, keep that in mind: you are not able to simply take the offers that come on or next to the road, or any public building.
- The window of opportunity. Window brothels in the Red light district Amsterdam are open from 8 AM-6 AM, but they cannot be open between 6 AM-8 AM. So, if you fancy a very early morning moment of magic, you shouldn’t find any of the brothels open in that two-hour time slot.
- Look out for street canvassing. Another problem in the Red light district Amsterdam is that many sex workers or promoters will be out soliciting their work on the street. This is not allowed and comes with a fine of around €115. If someone tries to offer you cheap sex opportunities, don’t go; they are often going to take you to an illegal brothel outside of the Red light district Amsterdam, where the risks are far higher.
- Keep the street clean. You also need to remember that littering is not seen as a positive; anyone caught littering of any kind could see a fine of up to €140. So, make sure you avoid throwing things around – there are ample trash cans, so you can easily keep the city clean.
If you can stick to the above laws, you should find the Red Light District as pleasant as is possible.
Having a good time in the Red Light District Amsterdam
So, the problem that you might have with the Red Light District is knowing what – and who – you can trust. If you worry about this, we recommend that you do all that you can to avoid any of the mistakes above. Simply stick to the above rules and take a look at the information we have about the typical pricing of the Red Light District Amsterdam.
Overall, though, the main problem that you will have is simply making sure you don’t fall into the various traps laid out for you. If you can avoid these traps, then you should have absolutely no problem with just having some fun.
Make sure that you are happy with the above rules, though, as they are some of the most important to remember for anyone heading into the Red Light District. And, most importantly of all, don’t forget to have plenty of fun!
The Red Light District Amsterdam is one of the most popular parts of the city for obvious reasons; what more could you ask for than the attention of a beautiful lady? For those in the capital to really enjoy themselves, to go that extra mile, then you might want to consider checking out the amazing Red Light District Amsterdam.
The streets are lined with sex shops, brothels, cafes and museums that leave you with such a fine mix of things to do. From culture to love, you can find anything that your heart desires here in the RLD. It’s a fine place to visit, even for those who aren’t interested in a bit of canoodling, but it can be an excellent place to come for people who want to see “real” Amsterdam.
It’s one of those places that you really need to see for yourself to believe just how unique it is in comparison to all the hearsay and the rumors. However, all of the good things you have heard? They are most definitely true! This is an absolutely amazing place to visit for those who want to see something a little bit different from the mainstream parts of the city that are more commercialized.
A night to not to forget
You’ll be able to find stunning females from all walks of life asking you to go for a little chat with hem – if you are tempted, then why no? You’ll find the red-fringed windows to be something of true style, and it carries that uniquely seductive nature that you might never have come across before. As a city with such a laid-back nature to things like sex and drugs, you’ll be able to relax in Amsterdam if this is the kind of thing that you arrived here looking for.
Fun and style are all the rage here in Amsterdam, and making sure you get as much of that as possible from the occasion is going to be very important. Just please remember that snapping those who are working here is strictly banned so you can’t go around waving a camera in the face of the beautiful people who work within the region. Make sure that you have a look around the RLD, have some fun, but always maintain a level of class and provide the people who work here with the privacy and respect that they deserve.
For crazy nights to be remembered, come here!