A selection of the best Amsterdam lunch places
Do you want to avoid an afternoon slump while you are shopping or wandering around in Amsterdam? We will provide you a short list where you can go to grab a midday meal and fill up on excellent food in this beautiful city. The list of Amsterdam lunch places is filled with stylish snack bars that serve delicious lunch time food, buzzing bistros and cute cafes serving finger licking bites. Holland’s capital city boasts a large selection to choose from. You can rest your feet at one of these lunch places and replenish your energy. Take a little break of sightseeing and shopping to hop into a delicious café for a little lunch. We have it weeded out for you.
- Do you prefer a dish that features the green avocado? Pop into the Avocado Show! This so-called ‘avocadobar’ serves visually stunning dishes made from avocados. Enjoy some good vibes and excellent avocado dishes. It is Europe its first all-avocado restaurant and it is based in Amsterdam. You can find this avocadobar in De Pijp neighbourhood and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Latei is a rather small but therefore very cozy lunchroom. Here you can drink coffee, eat cake and have lunch. Also, they serve Asian meals on three evenings a week. Customers can even lunch and shop at the same time since everything you see standing or hanging is for sale. Olive oil, lighting fixtures, furniture and even wallpaper is for sale. The atmosphere is funky because of its retro furniture.
- Hannekes Boom is a wonderful place in Amsterdam. The restaurant is located along the water and has a beautiful sunny terrace. The ingredients that are used to create the lovely dishes are always fresh and the menu changes weekly. You can listen to live music, from jazz to soul. Visit Hannekes Boom to have a tasty lunch or a drink.
- In 2017 CT Coffee & Coconuts opened its doors in De Pijp neighbourhood. It is based in a former cinema theatre which has totally been restyled. This cute café serves fresh juices, homemade pie and delicious sandwiches. It’s among Amsterdam lunch places that are well visited.
- Along the canals of Amsterdam you can find Toos en Roos. This place has a comfortable and welcoming interior. Inside it’s very small and therefore it might be packed during peak hours. It is a favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. The menu has options for all levels of hunger. Soups, sandwiches and thick slices of bread are offered here.
Where can you enjoy a High tea in Amsterdam?
The number one place to go to if you want to enjoy a High tea in Amsterdam is hotel The Grand. You can take place between 15:00 and 17:00 in their courtyard, if the weather lets it, and enjoy a traditional high tea. You start with a pot of tea or a glass of champagne. Then the delicacies and sandwiches arrive, along with the traditional scones with lemon curd and clotted cream. You won’t leave The Grand hungry after this high tea. Other places that are recommended to have a high tea in Amsterdam are:
- Majesteit Taart
- Yoghurt Barn
- Tassenmuseum Hendrikje
- De Bakkerswinkel